Etermia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etermia

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» AD: The World of Gambion Awaits!
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am by Guest

» I miss her too - Nicholas
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 am by Guest

» Promises - Lou
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm by Guest

» We can't continue like this - Lucile
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 pm by Guest

» Fælles interesse
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:53 pm by Guest

» Monsters do also have a taste for art - Alexander
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:09 pm by Guest

» Hello stranger.
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 pm by Guest

» You. It's you - Bartimæus
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm by Guest

» Hvordan kan vi nå længere ud: Et rollespilsprojekt
Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:29 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 3 registered users
The newest registered user is ahmar

Our users have posted a total of 1000 messages in 162 subjects

Lets see where this leads - Nicholas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gæst

Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 am

Ah. Lucy. Well its good that she’s not gone.” was all she said. The thing about Lucile was that she couldn’t really hate Lucy. Even though Lucy did something unforgivable, Lucile still couldn’t find it in herself to hate her. She however knew what had been going on. Most of it was blurry. She couldn’t figure out what had been said, but she knew what Lucy had been thinking as she kissed Nicholas. Lucile wasn’t mad about it, because to her it didn’t really matter. She trusted Nicholas enough to know that he would not do such things of free will.
As he helped her to bed, she smiled at his remark about missing her. Then she shook her head:” I will always miss you the most. End of conversation.” she concluded. As he laid next to her, she pressed herself closer to him, closing her eyes. Having her head on his chest, she listened to his heartbeat and felt completely at ease. It wasn’t long before she drifted off, barely hearing what he said to her.
When he was leaving, she grasped his shirt for a short while, as if she was about to wake up, then to let go. She would’ve woken up if the morphine hadn’t influenced her. She curled up in a ball, falling back into her deep sleep as he left.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 am

A housemaid opened the door, fairly surprised to see that it was Nicholas:” Uh. Goodevening Dr. Dunham. Isnt it a bit too late to be knocking on doors?” she asked with a polite smile. Jonathan appeared in the background:” Alicia. It is alright. Let him in.” he said, smiling at Nicholas. Oddly enough, Jonathan seemed quite relaxed and somewhat happy. He nodded at Nicholas as Alicia the housemaid closed the door behind Nicholas, to then leave the room. “I thought that it was best to let you two alone. That’s why I left. Partly. I had some things to take care of. Do you mind?” he said as he gestured up the stairs.
He walked behind him to then catch up next to him as they walked. He looked forward, both hands in his pockets. “A housemaid has already packed your bag and your payment has been put in there as well.” He said as they walked down the hall. By the end of the hall, Jonathan’s friend was standing, tripping on his feet. Jonathan stopped by him and grabbed his shoulder before he looked at him:” You alright?” he asked. The friend looked up before a bright smile went across his lips.
Jonathan looked at Nicholas, who would most probably be confused out of his mind at this point. He shook his head and smiled at the ground as he opened the door:” There is someone who wants to thank you.” he said, holding the door for Nicholas to enter. The room was the one where Lucia died. The bed was empty, however bloodstains where covering most of the sheets. In one of the chairs near the fireplace, the top of a small head could be seen. White hair. The head slowly turned and it was Lucia, looking at Nicholas with a smile:” Mr.Doctor Dunham.” she simply said with a big smile.
She got up from the chair before walking over to him, reaching out for his hand. Jonathan smiled as he placed himself next to Nicholas:” Let her touch your face. Trust me, it’s worth it.” he said as Lucia looked up at him. If he did, she would gently place her hand on his face. The downside of her ability was that when she was dying, her ability’s scale had been broken, only showing people the worst. But now that she was alive and well, she had full control over her ability. She was able to show people their worst nightmare, but just as much to show them their happiest dream.
After a while, Jonathan cleared his throat as he looked around:” Lucia, go find Alicia. Its time for your feeding.” he simply said, she nodded shortly before pinching Nicholas finger as a goodbye. And then she ran out the room. Jonathan was sure that Nicholas had a lot of questions. He exhaled before saying:” Shall we take this to my study? You look like you have a lot of questions.” And if Nicholas agreed, he’d show the way there.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:35 am

As the doors opened he was greeted by one of the maids and he did agree with what she asked him. "Yes, I'm sorry about that, I just figured since... i left in a hurry, that i should at least come back and show my respects.." Then he saw Jonathan coming up to them, he nodded to him as he spoke "Mr. Crane. Yeah i understand, thank you for helping me, it was... Thank you." He followed him inside and down the hall. He mentioned that his stuff had been packed including payment, which surprised him, he knew Mr. Crane talked about a payment for his services but he failed, the child died.. "Thank you but keep the payment, i can't accept it. Not only because i let her down, but i don't take payment for child cases, just a principle i have." With a serious and yet a bit sad voice. At the end of the hall he could see the father standing, the guilt shot through his body as they approached him. He couldn't look him in the eyes but he saw a smile as Mr. Crane talked to him.

Then he started to question things, why were they all so cheerful, why had they not told him off already, and why the payment? Then when Mr. Crane said someone was expecting him he was in denial. "No, it couldn't be..." They opened the door and as they walked in the first place he looked was at the bed where Lucia was before, seeing the blood he figured someone had operated on her, because the last time he saw her she wasn't bleeding. He moved his gaze around the room scanning for people. Then he saw her, the easily recognizable hair, and when she turn to him it hit him hard. His heart stopped, he heard her voice, she was real. As she walked over to him his body went numb for a second, making him fall on his knees in front of her. He was so confused "But... how.?" His eyes were shaking just looking at her. When Mr. Crane told him to let her touch his face he was very skeptical about it seeing as the last time brought him his worst possible nightmare. But he trusted his word, he wouldn't intentionally hurt him. He leaned forward towards Lucia letting her touch his face.

Just like last time the environments disappeared around him, Mr Crane and Lucia were both gone. He was suddenly sitting on grass, he looks down, Lucile is laying with her head in his lap looking up at him with a smile. He holds around here as he looks around, they are sitting in the meadow she showed him not too long ago. its evening, and the sun is setting before them, creating a warm atmosphere around them. Next to him he hears laughter, and when he turns to the side and looks he sees two children chasing each other, they were his and Lucile's children, there was no way he didn't see the similarities in them and Lucile. As he cuddles Lucile he leans in and kisses her. Everything is perfect. But it doesn't last long before it all fades again. He sees Lucia again, looking almost like one of their children, a tear rolls down his cheek as he smiles to her.

"Thank you.." He leans in an hugs her. As Mr. Crane tells her to go to Alicia he was in a euphoria, following her with his eyes as she leaves. Then looks up at Mr. Crane with a question mark on his face as he gets up on his feet again. "Yeah... Lead the way." On the way to the studies there was a lot of questions in his head. The biggest being about Lucia obviously, but also on what she was, he mentioned "feeding" Was she a demon? or a vampire maybe? It didn't matter, even if she was there was no way he would ask her something like that. When they arrived he just started his questioning straight away. "So you want to tell me what you did to her? And what she is?" He had more coming but he would give him some time to answer first. What didn't make sense to him was why he was brought here if they could save her without him...
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:37 am

Lucia was just staring at him after she touched his face, however she was happy. When he hugged her, she put her chin on his shoulder. Jonathan smiled lightly before sending Lucia on her way:” She seems to like you a lot. That is actually a rare thing for her.” he said, shaking his head in some sort of wonder.
In the study, some books were still on the floor, from when Jonathan had ripped the book out of the bookcase. He picked them up and put them back in place, listening to Nicholas’ questions:” Well…” he started as he sat down at a chair by a big desk. He scratched his jaw as he thought about it:” When you left.. I was ready to give up on her. I watched how you desperately tried to bring her back to life. But I realized that it wasn’t life she needed.” he explained shortly before pushing the open book on the desk towards Nicholas. The page explained the concept of blood tranfusion.
Her life was over. There was no way that she would be able to come back. So…” he said, looking down at the book as he continued:” I thought it would be better to grant her an undead life. Her body was withered away anyway. If you did manage to bring her back, what life would there be for her? She was practically decaying for every breath she took in that bed.” He said before getting up. It was clear that this was something that came him close to heart, after all he adored Lucia as if she was family. He had been there all her life and her dying was something he wouldnt have allowed. He walked to one of the windows and looked out of it. In the garden, Lucia was sitting with Alicia under the light of some candles, eating some sort of soup – But he knew that it was blood.
He clenched his teeth shortly before shaking his head:” I don’t know if it was the right thing to do.. Either way, whatever happens, it will be on my hands.” he then said, turning to Nicholas with a concerned look on his face. He wasn’t sure that Lucia would age from this point forward. His knowledge on vampires were very limited and not even books could explain this. All he had to do was wait and see. A part of him however kept feeling the guilt crawl over him, even though nothing was certain.
His look went back on Lucia as he frowned. “Do you think she’ll grow up?” he asked, looking at her. Seeing how she talked to Alicia, smiled, and laughed as she ate. Such a sweet soul, that could be condemned to live in the body of a child.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 am

As they arrived to the study he saw the mess around the bookcase, probably something to do with whatever he did to Lucia. He walks over to the desk and just stands there, listening to Mr. Crane. So his suspicion was right, she was dead, he had just turned her into a creature of the night. But how he did that was something he wasn't versed in, not vampire transformation. But then he showed him the open book which explained a blood transfusion. Now that was something he was familiar with, but didn't he need a vampire's blood for that? Was Mr. Crane one of them? That would explain why he didn't eat or drink anything. But that didn't explain how he got to his home on a bright sunny day. "A transfusion.." he said curiously, almost thinking out loud. Before talking further he let Mr. Crane finish speaking.

As he got up from his chair he started responding. "So you turned her into a creature, an undead. Allowing her to live her life with a huge responsibility.." It might have sounded like he judged him but it was more of a curious thought. He noticed he was staring at something out the window, probably Lucia. Seemed like he really cared for her. He walked over next to him looking out at Lucia, placing his hand on his shoulder."I'm not one for judging if what people do is right, I've done my share of bad shit.. But i think you did right, she might have a burden with her, but she is alive, in a way at least. You saved her." he said with a calm voice, staring at Lucia. She really did remind him of one of his kids from the dream. Now a vampire, he wished he knew more about their world, maybe he could be more of help to them. The question he asked Nicholas would really test his medical profession. There was no lessons on vampires in the education, and what he had studied on them before was on anatomy, what their weaknesses and strengths were, this was out of his league. But he could try to analyze it. "Well, that's a hard question, i've had very limited encounters with vampires." Comparing her to humans would probably be the best option in this case. "A normal human stops growing around their late twenties when the aging starts, Seeing as they're immortal there would be no aging process, but growing as nothing to do with deterioration, so she might grow until the aging starts." He says almost like he is thinking it, not saying it. He hadn't thought about it before so it was just something that came to his head as he was asked. "All this is speculation of course.. Either way, what is for certain is that her mind will mature, whether her body does or not.." He said with a more sure voice.

Lucia was turned as a child, which meant she was still innocent, she could still avoid killing people for food. And he hoped Mr. Crane share that belief. There was no need to turn her into a killer just so she could survive. But the way Mr. Crane acted around her made him feel he would only have his best intentions at heart for her. This made him curious thought, if he could learn this procedure, if it was just like any other blood transfusion or if there was anything special about it. While still staring out at Lucia he says "Do you think you could repeat the procedure?" with a dead serious voice. If he could then maybe this was the solution to his problem. The question was if he should talk to Lucile about it first, she could be completely against it.. He was conflicted again.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:21 am

He shook his head as Nicholas called her undead. The word undead – It downright disgusted him. To the point where he only got angrier at himself for not letting her die peacefully. As he stood by the window, he didn’t notice Nicholas coming to stand beside him before he felt his hand on his shoulder. He was too focused on looking at Lucia. How happy she seemed, not knowing that what she was eating was another person’s blood. To her, nothing had changed.
Listening to Nicholas’ analysis calmed him down a little. It seemed like there was hope for her. But assuming wasn’t going to cut it. He needed to know if he had truly saved her or just condemned her to an unbearable immortal life, trapped in the body of a little girl. He frowned at what Nicholas said about maturing:” A grown woman in a little girl’s body never ends well. She will question… She will get angry… She will ravage..” he simply stated with an expressionless face.
That was also why he just answered without giving thought to Nicholas’ question:“ Repeat it…? Su….” He said before he realized. He turned his face to Nicholas with a frown on his face and a confused look. His eyes heaved away for a second as he was thinking before he looked back into his eyes again, a slight confused smile was on his lips. He remembered the encounter with the female demon in the basement. Could it be that the mortal doctor wanted an immortal life? It was safe to assume that it definitely wasn’t for saving people – The life of undead’s weren’t safe:” You’re not…. Actually considering it, are you?” he said with a great wonder. Then suddenly his face turned into an angry expression as he shook his head:” For what? Her? The girl in the basement?” he said, slightly disgusted, but that was only because it was the first that came to mind and it seemed incredibly stupid to him.
You want to give up your privilege of being mortal for... love?” he went in front of Nicholas with a confused angry look as he moved closer to him, forcing him back if he decides to step back, right until he’d hit the bookcase. If not, he would just stand very close to him and stare. He clenched his fists before he started speaking:” You have the privilege of living your life to the fullest. You can have a happy ending – With whoever you love. And you want to give that away?” but as he continued he spoke louder:” Some of us have been condemned to live an immortal life. I never got the choice, my father being a human and my mother a demon. I would give anything to get to feel what its like to age…. To grow up with the one I love.. Loved. But no, I was condemned to this life, forced to spent eternity regretting that I was even born.” he went on as he got angrier and angrier.
After a while of just staring at him, he exhaled in a disappointed manner. He backed off before going to the window, looking down at Lucia, who looked up at him and smiled:” I have condemned her. Because I couldn’t let go.” he murmured angrily. He looked back at Nicholas, shaking his head once again in disbelief. To him it didn’t make sense at all. How could he assume that love would last forever? Jonathan voiced his next thoughts:” You don’t even know if you will be the same person after transforming. What if you change?” he said, turning his back to the window as he clenched his teeth, feeling the tension in his jaw.

Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 am

He had hoped his question would get by without getting noticed, but Mr. Crane was too smart for that, he knew something was up, and as he looked at Nicholas he didn't look away from Lucia, but he could feel him looking at him with a serious face. He needed a scapegoat, a reason to why he asked that question, maybe something to do with his patients, a way to save them or something. But before he could think of something Mr. Crane already knew why he wanted to know, he had figured it out, maybe it was obvious. There was no point in lying to him about it. He felt his anger they way he looked at him, but Nicholas didn't look at him, he was still looking at Lucia, but it didn't help. Mr. Crane stepped in front of him, standing close staring at him, making Nicholas look back at him. "Yes.. for love.." He said with a calm voice, looking at him with a serious yet calm face. He wasn't riled up by him, nor scared, he knew Mr. Crane wouldn't do him anything, he could understand his anger, after all Nicholas knew nothing of an immortal life, he didn't know what people like him had to go through. But he didn't think about what the consequences would be for him, he was focused on Lucile. But what he said next did trigger his anger to a certain degree.

"A happy ending? Is that what you call it? You think I'm doing this for me? Do you even realize how this will end for her? She will see me wither away having to take care of me until i die, then see our children grow up, wither and die, and repeat that cycle until the entire family tree is dead... Please, by all means.. Tell me how that is a happy ending, huh? I wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for her... So yeah, excuse me if i don't exactly value my life to your standards.." Raising his voice the longer he spoke. He had hit a nerve, preaching about how he was doing his life wrong because he didn't value his mortality. Such bullshit, this was never about himself, it wasn't that he didn't value his mortality, it was that he didn't value his life at all if there was no Lucile, knowing that not acting would break her heart, over and over as she had to live longer than her family. He probably didn't understand him, either way there was no point in arguing with him, he wouldn't change his mind anyway. He exhaled deeply. "I'm sorry.." as he backed off to the window Nicholas was still standing in his spot, looking down. "You might not see it now, but she is alive, her future doesn't have to change just because she did, there are ways around it youknow.. if you guide her she will still be the same, would it really be fair to let her die that young? not experiencing anything in life?" He said with a calm and almost sad voice.

As he turned around he looked him in the eyes as he asked him the question. He was right, there was an endless list of things that could happen if he went through with it. All risks he was willing to take for her. If he died now, then at least she had time to get over it, rather than living his entire life with her and her not getting over it, living alone for centuries.. "Yeah... you're right.. there is no certain outcome.. If i change? I will deal with that when and if that happens. If i die.. at least i didn't waste her time. I understand the risks Mr. Crane, i have thought about this." He looks at him with with a face that could resemble pity. "Look.. you know more about immortality than me, but hear me when i say this.. I'm not asking you for permission, nor am i asking you to do it.. I will find another way. I am thankful for what you have done for me, and i don't want to cause you any pain." He says with a smile. "Say goodbye to Lucia for me will you?" It was almost morning and he didn't want to keep him, especially if he was upsetting him. He could always return another time. Though on the other hand he also wanted to stay, there was more to know, he would let Mr. Crane decide as he turned around and started walking towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 am

He let him finish speaking, but it just made him angrier than anything else:” If she TRULY loved you, she has already made her peace with your mortality. What you’re doing isn’t really for her, is it? Have you even talked to her about it? Or are you just going to go ahead and do it? Assume that she’d accept it?” he said angrily, before looking away. It really got to him, how selfish it really was. How long had Nicholas had these thoughts? Jonathan couldn’t figure it out. But he thought it was safe to assume that the demon girl had no idea of this. Would she really approve of this? It angered him, so he pushed the thought away.
She will never grow up to be the woman she was supposed to be. That will forever be the blood on my hands.. I have made peace with it.” he just said, shaking his head. The more he thought about it, the worse he felt for changing her. He knew that some day he would have to face the consequence of his selfishness. But he wouldn’t let the same happen to Nicholas. He would want him to know all there was to know before making such a hasty transformation.
He shook his head at Nicholas when he said that he would deal with a change if it were to come:” Would she?” he simply asked. An important question. He was very cynical of love. Not believing that she would stay if he were to change. Which might be right, but he could also be just as wrong. “You don’t know if she would accept the change. What if she were to leave you? You would have condemned yourself to the immortal life – without her. The whole purpose of it, gone.” he looked out the window again, with an expressionless face.
As Nicholas was trying to leave, Jonathan quickly turned on his feet and grabbed him by the shoulder:” Stay.” he simply said before letting go of his shoulder. He felt better knowing that Nicholas would be here and not out there trying to achieve the immortality he wanted. He thought that maybe, he could change his mind. Not that it was up to Jonathan to do, but a part of him was still angry that someone mortal would like to give up that privilege.
Have you considered other options, than vampirism?” he asked as he sat down by his desk, rubbing his fingers against his forehead as he thought about different options. Vampires were so vulgar and primitive in his head. Always just thinking about their next meal or however they could cause mischief around people. He got up from the chair and walked along his bookcase as he looked for some books. He took out a few, before dumping them on the table, sitting back down in his chair.
There is this one rumour… Shadow creatures. They live forever as well… The myth says so at least… Anyway. I don’t believe there is a transformation that wont end up in changing your person… Have you really thought that through?” he asked once more. He needed to be sure, somehow, he felt that this was too hasty of a decision to make.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:53 am

There was a lot of truth to what Mr. Crane told him, but accepting his mortality now, would not stop the pain she would go through later. And yes, some of it was for himself as well, getting to live en eternal life with Lucile, that was worth any price he had to pay. He could see there was no changing his thoughts on Lucia, just like a doctor, taking every death on his back, Mr. Crane had her on his. As he finished his sentence and heard what Mr. Crane said it made him think about it. What if she didn't accept the change? That was a good question. He would never think differently of Lucile whatever she did or became. But he couldn't ask that of her. This was just more reason for him to talk to her about it before he did anything, even though that conversation would be hard. But if she would deny him and leave him forever, being immortal did not mean being invincible, he knew how kill a vampire. "Well, you're right.. without her the purpose would be gone. But that does not mean I'm condemned Mr. Crane.. I happen to know a small group that could have use for my body.." He said with an expressionless face. Thinking of Langdon and their packages. He didn't know how or what the packages were but he was sure they wouldn't mind him offering himself up as a final thank you, making himself useful one last time.

As he started walking he felt Mr. Crane's hand on his shoulder as he asked him to stay, which meant he hadn't stepped too far out of line. It was good, they could continue their discussion. Other options? He had a quick thought about it on the way here, thinking of those he knew about. "I have yes, this seemed the best out of them" He said with a curious voice. Did Mr. Crane know of an alternative he didn't know about? As Mr. Crane walked over to the desk, Nicholas stood in the same spot by the window. He was in his thoughts, trying to wrap his head around everything. But then he heard it, at the beginning of his sentence. Shadow creatures. As Mr. Crane continues it was just a blur of words, because Nicholas didn't pay attention to him. He was already thinking about Moon. How could he have forgotten this choice. Moon was a good person, but every time he looked into her eyes there was nothing. He never forgot what Langdon said about her either. The sweetest demon, not wanting to hurt a fly, the most positive impact. But after becoming a shadow creature became the opposite, she lost her soul and her spark, feeding off negativity and hate. He remembered how she was back at the camp. And how she lost control, he wasn't sure about if all that came with being a shadow creature. But that was a risk he was not willing to take. Being a soulless husk feeding of Lucile's emotions. A leech. Just as he finishes talking, almost interrupting him he says. "No" with pure conviction, still looking out the window. "I know one of them.." Moon was close to his heart but he saw how bad she struggled, could he really put Lucile through that? The more they talked the worse he felt for Lucile. Nothing seemed to be the right choice anymore, whatever he did he would end up hurting her. Lucy was right about that one..
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 am

So. What you’re saying is that you’re still going to go through with this, instead of living a happy life with the girl... You’d still change and then if she wouldn’t like it, you’d…. kill yourself?” he said in a very confused voice. It didn’t make sense at all. Jonathan raised an eyebrow before he looked Nicholas in the eyes:” You’re not feeling suicidal or something, right?” he asked, even though it might have come off as an joke, his serious tone marked that it wasn’t. He was starting to feel genuinely concerned.
And why does it matter right now? You’re still young, yet you’re acting like your life is going to end tomorrow. Why not wait a couple of years, till there is actually something to worry about?” he asked. This must be the big part of being mortal. Thinking about the demise could make it seem as if it was near. Jonathan would never understand that. He would never get to die of age, time was no limit for him.
The no to his suggestion was clear, which made him exhale quietly. This was a difficult task, finding alternatives. He got up from the chair, before he grabbed his jacket:” Lets go for a walk. The sunrise is always nice to look at. I hope you're not too tired, Doctor.” He said, looking at Nicholas for a little bit. He didn’t mean it as a: “This is what you wont experience anymore” but as he thought about it, it might had come off like that. He walked out, making sure Nicholas was coming along.

Outside the birds were chirping, small ray of lights were appearing in the sky. Jonathan looked up and exhaled in a calm matter, watching the warm steam from his breath spread in the cold air before disappearing. He had always loved mornings. He started walking in a slow pace as he looked forward. “I will help you. IF, you know that you wont just end up killing yourself after the transformation. I’d hate to find out that you have died.” He said as he looked at the buildings they were passing. All so wealthy and decorated to the tiniest detail. Jonathan loathed the way people were boasting their wealth. Who would give a damn about the walls of a house anyway? It was pointless.
To strengthen his point he then said:” You’re probably the only good thing for the inhabitants of Rotten Root. You actually care about them – When no else does,” the next was said in a sort of depressing voice, even though Jonathan wasn’t exactly the type who’d care:” Lets say that you get to become a vampire. The chances of you losing your humanity are pretty high. Would you want that?” he asked.
He kind of envied the empathy of humans. He only cared for a few in his life, the rest didn’t matter. But he cared so much for this subject because Nicholas was doing what he couldn’t – Trying to change for the sake of love. “All the limitations of vampirism. Imagine this highly possible scenario: The girl you love, gets attacked in broad daylight. Meanwhile you’re stuck inside, having to wait till the sun disappears. Would you be able to live with that?” he then asked. The more scenarios he could think of, the more he’d say them out loud, just to be sure that Nicholas had it all figured out.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:57 am

He heard what Mr. Crane asked him with an almost concerned voice, he knew what he had told him would make him react, even though that was not the point. "Relax Jonathan, I'm fine.. the point i was trying to make is that there is always a way out, Immortal or not.." He knew he wouldn't be able to live without Lucile, if she did reject him, he honestly had no idea what he would do, but he wasn't telling Jonathan that. As he continues his speech Nicholas listened closely to what he had to say, smiling at him while he was finished. "Yea, it's very clear you are immortal, my lifetime is no more than a second to you... the longer i wait the older my body will get, i am pretty much in my prime now, it would only make sense to do it now.." Jonathan would never understand that, for all he knew he could be several thousand years old, time was nothing to him. As he asked him for a walk to see the sunset he thought it was probably an attempt to change his mind again, but nevertheless, a walk wouldn't hurt.

He followed Jonathan out the house by his side. The morning had arrived, nature had woken up, he could hear the sounds, see the light coming up. He could feel the frost on his skin, it was peaceful. As they walked down the street he finally agreed to Nicholas's request, which made him calm a bit more down, knowing he had the transformation under control, not needing to worry about finding it elsewhere. "Yea alright, you got a deal" with a serious voice, not promising anything just for the fact that he had no idea what he would do. And when he tried to make him feel better about himself or encourage him, he responded fairly quickly "Who says I'm not doing it out of guilt? Or out of greed?" With an almost convinced voice looking at Jonathan.

Then the vampirism came to question again. Humanity.. Sometimes he thought he lost that back in the war, where it was either removed by choice or ripped from you. Until he met Lucile that is, she made him a better man, there was no question about that. "That's the thing Jonathan.. I lost that a long time ago.. But Lucile.. she gives me my humanity back every time shes around.." There was a lot of questions around humanity when there was another race in involved. That was something he never understood, just because it had human in its name didn't mean they were the only ones with it. He had met several people of different races with it, including Jonathan, whether he knew it or not. But there was no point in telling him, he had no idea if he would take him seriously or how he would react, maybe he even knew it himself.
Another scenario came up, one that his close to home. Lucile being attacked somewhere he could not follow. And image of his nightmare flashed in his mind, her laying on his table. He felt the heart beating faster as he clenched his teeth, trying not to give off that he was affected. She was stronger than he thought of her, she could handle herself in a fight, but that wouldn't stop him from running to help her. "I would find a way, cover myself, elixirs, something.. Run on fire, it doesn't matter. There is always a way, I'll find some way of walking during the day.." He said with a worried voice. He had no intention of letting his nightmare become a reality, he already experienced that, never again. "Let me ask you something" Trying to get the image out of his mind with a different subject "For someone without humanity, you seem to care a lot about what happens to me... Why?" With a curious voice, why did Jonathan care what happened to him, a random doctor that had done nothing for him..
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 am

What guilt? Or greed? What could you achieve from helping? They are so meaningless to the world that you could let them rot and no one would notice. Rob them? What money do they have? Come on, doctor you can do better than that” he said with a lifted eyebrow, clearly not convinced at Nicholas’ attempt to lead away his point. Truth was that either way, Nicholas were a positive impact on the district, even if the purpose behind it was selfish or immoral to him.
He listened to him talk about his humanity as they walked. He smiled a little bit – Their love seemed so pure and somehow bringing perfection to the imperfect. It was poetic and yet so tragic. He shook his head when he was done and then asked:” Wouldn’t it then be a shame to bring her no humanity to bring back?” which was a genuine question. But he could also see the fun in his own metaphor.
You sure are quite the experimental doctor. Do you believe you could cure it as well?” he asked, a tease that was no more than a mood raiser. He didn’t really enjoy keeping a serious tone constantly. It just reminded him of his life with her. Always so serious, no time for fun or laughter. He stared ahead, remembering the past, not feeling too happy about it. He’d rather not think of it.
Then the question he had been waiting for was asked. ”Well. I suppose I can be rudely honest with you… I have no idea why I particularly care about you. I normally wouldn’t” he said, rubbing his chin as he gave it some more thought. He didn’t actually consider himself as a caring person, at least he knew that he wasn’t seen as caring to many. He turned his head to Nicholas with a slight smile:” I would say that it is because I somehow envy you and yet respect you at the same time.” He then said, but he knew that it wasn’t quite enough to stop the wonder. He shook his head as he let go of his chin, turning his head forward as he spoke:” The distance you would go for something like love. I suppose you’re to someone what I was supposed to be to another.
Some kids came out of a nearby house, two siblings. The one chasing the other while both were laughing. Jonathan observed them, smiling a little bit yet not because of them, but because of what there could have been for him. “I guess you humans know how to spread the feeling of caring. Affecting everyone with your emotions. At least those who can be affected.” He then said, not really sure if that was actually true.
He stopped by the bridge, looking out on the river while exhaling:” However, I shall release you from my clutches. But we shall talk further. If you shall not hear from me, don’t be scared to seek me out. Don’t be a stranger,” he said, reaching out with his hand for his, for a parting shake. He had a good feeling about all of this, even if it turned out that he couldn’t change his mind. He knew at least that he had found a friend – A way better friend that he’d find in the upper class. People were so dull up here anyway, boasting their wealth and titles.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 am

He heard Jonathan didn't really believe what he told him. It was true the reason he was doing his work was because from a young age that's what he thought he was destined for considering his power, then he go into it and loved helping people, and of course because of the oath he had to take, he was forever bound to helping people until he died himself. But there were times he thought about his past, and there was a lot of guilt buried, pushing him to work more than he should, no breaks, work until his body was to broken down to help people anymore. Until he met Lucile and discovered there was a life worth living, with her. He was right about the humanity, if he did loose it, it would be hard on her, but that was only if he lost it, which he still believed her could keep. But he wasn't going to go into it again, none of them knew what would happen so it would only be speculations.

Jonathan's joke was appreciated to lighten the mood. But there was something to it. He turned his head towards Jonathan. "What can be done, can be undone... Just because no one has done it doesn't mean it's not possible." He said with a smile, believing what he said, but had very little faith that he could do that personally, especially with his lack of knowledge on vampires. When he answered Nicholas's question he got the answer he was expecting, but not what he was hoping for. Yet it still gave him a smile, because he did know the answer, he just wanted Jonathan to admit it, maybe some other time. But then he got a bit confused, what was there to envy or respect him for? He hadn't done anything, he was nothing. And then he got it, when he spoke about love for another person. He could understand then why he acted like he was, he had been in a very similar situation. Before he could say something two siblings were chasing each other. He smiled because it brought him back to the good memory Lucia planted in his head, reminding him of his own children. Then he looked at Jonathan, seeing his smile, hearing what he said. "Youknow.. it's never too late for anyone... I can personally attest to that. I was on a downwards spiral until i met Lucile.." He said with a smile, trying to give him some hope in whatever troubles he was facing or had faced. He had live several years alone and broken after what happened, even loosing his humanity in the war.. even on the verge of ending it all just before she arrived. So he had no doubt there would be something good waiting for Jonathan at some point, and it wasn't like he was lacking the time to wait either.

When they reached the bridge he got reminded what he did last time he was here, not a pleasant thought either. But it was here they would part ways, for now. It had been an interesting talk, and he was glad to call him a friend. he was someone he could rely on, he had a good feeling about that. He reaches out and shakes his hand. "Thank you for everything Jonathan, we will see each other soon my friend. Count on it" Smiling at him as he bid him farewell. Walking back he started to worry how he would tell Lucile all this, it would not be an easy talk...
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 am

// End of topic. God damned nerd! c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see where this leads - Nicholas   Lets see where this leads - Nicholas - Page 2 Empty-11

Back to top Go down

Lets see where this leads - Nicholas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etermia :: Etermia :: Eternos :: Bydelen langs murene-
Jump to: