Etermia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etermia

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Latest topics
» AD: The World of Gambion Awaits!
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am by Guest

» I miss her too - Nicholas
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 am by Guest

» Promises - Lou
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm by Guest

» We can't continue like this - Lucile
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 pm by Guest

» Fælles interesse
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:53 pm by Guest

» Monsters do also have a taste for art - Alexander
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:09 pm by Guest

» Hello stranger.
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 pm by Guest

» You. It's you - Bartimæus
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm by Guest

» Hvordan kan vi nå længere ud: Et rollespilsprojekt
This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:29 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 3 registered users
The newest registered user is ahmar

Our users have posted a total of 1000 messages in 162 subjects

This was inevitable - Nicholas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gæst

This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty
PostSubject: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:58 am

Place: Nicholas' residence
Time: Midday to evening, 2nd of April 1161
Surroundings: Eyy we know this.
Weather: Cloudy but no rain. Mildy cold but bearable.
Outfit: Old rags with a hooded cape
Topic dedicated to: @Nicholas

He had planned this all along. How he was going to make his entrance. Finding out where Lucile was and who she was staying with, wasn’t exactly the hardest thing to squeeze out of people who knew a little too much. A girl with such distinctive features could not hide. That was why she was his greatest creation. A creation he had forgotten about. But it was always nice to remember, and now he wanted to check up. At least making sure that her life wasn’t completely miserable without him in it of course.
He had picked out a selected outfit with a hood to hide his face. It wouldn’t be very smart to get his cover blown right away. Before making the big visit, he had grabbed a man in the alley and stabbed his gut. Before the man could register what happened, he had removed all memory of what had happened. So after wiping his hands, he picked up the man by the shoulder and went on his way to the good doctor.
As they walked the man groaned in pain as he held his side. A random inhabitant, a woman joined in and helped him carry the man over there. He didn’t bother to knock but rather barge in:” Hello? We are in need of medical attention!” he called out in a sort of panic. People that knew him would see that it was fake, but he was very good at faking emotions. He sat the man down on a nearby chair and took the opportunity to unnoticeably glance around the room. His glance fell on a book that he was way too familiar with. He wanted to smile but it could wait.
As the doctor hopefully checked out the man’s wounds, he crossed his arms, pouting in a concerned way, as his mouth was the only thing that could be seen from the cover of the hood. The man groaned and was shaking of pain. The hooded man shook his head as he tried to explain:” I saw the guy… man… that did it… He was using a rather odd blade… I couldn’t tell. When I got to them, he was gone.. Probably not far off... Maybe he saw us...” he explained in a panicking manner but then he stopped and exhaled as if he regained his calm:” The blade was definitely poisoned..” he then said.
But of course he would know that it was. It was his own blade, carefully hidden within the many rags that covered his body, making him unrecognisable. He sat down and covered his face as he rubbed his eyes:” I didn’t get to get a proper look on the man.. He…. Reminded me of that man they had put a bounty on… I don’t remember his name.. Ramses...? No oh... Ramsay.” he explained before looking up with a horrified expression. The hood was still a great cover, barely showing any distinctive features. Not that it mattered much, the bounty didn’t exactly explain his appearance to little detail anyway and he was doubtful that any victim had ever properly explained it either.

Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:10 am

It was in the middle of the day and seeing as Lucile was out he was bored for once, He was usually working, studying or doing his favorite thing, being with Lucile. But right now he just walked around the house, checking if everything was in its place and if he was missing something. He had people to see soon as well, but until then all there was to do was to relax. Something he was not used to, especially without Lucile with him. But he restless, he couldn't just sit and do nothing, so he started organizing the bookshelf in his study, not really paying attention what books he took out, he placed them on his study table while making room for them in the shelf. But before he could get anywhere with it he heard someone barging in his door, he quickly turns around and sees two people bring in a wounded man. As they put him on the chair he could see the wound was in his stomach, so he could not stay there. "Quickly, help me get him on the table." he said in a serious voice, with full focus on the wounded man as they placed him on his back.

He started with tearing the mans clothes open to get more room to work with. "What happened?" He said, still keeping his serious tone, the more he knew the better he could treat the wound. He heard the panic the man was in but it was not his main concern at the moment. What did he mean by an odd blade? the shape of it? The wound seemed pretty clean so i couldn't be that out of shape. But when he said it was poisonous, and with such certainty, it made hims suspicious. "How would you know that?" He said with a curious voice while looking back at him for a second, seeing that he wore a hood, which made him even more suspicious. How would he know that it was poisonous? Its not like it would show on the blade, and even if it did. How would he see that as the blade was in action? It would have to wait, now that it was mentioned he had to treat it as such, just in case. "Do you also happen to know what kind of poison?" Almost as a joke, seeing as that would be impossible to know. Treating the wound without knowing what poison it was would be like throwing a rock over a wall, trying to hit a small bucket that was randomly placed. Giving the wrong things could make it worse for certain poisons. So the only action would be to treat the cut, and making sure it would not be infected. Letting the body deal with the poison the best it could, depending on how the body reacted he could narrow it down but not enough to treat it.

He picks up his bag from under the table and places it on the table, taking out some bandages and cleaning the wound a tiny bit. "Alright, this is going to hurt, so just try to hang in there, I'll be quick" he says in a hurry as he then reaches in with his fingers carefully and feels around, checking how deep it was and if it had cut something that would cause a problem. Luck was with them, it was not deep enough to puncture any organs, which was a huge relief, the only thing that worried him was the poison. He takes out a jar from the bag and removes the lid, putting two fingers in and scrapes out some green mushy substance containing different herbs and disinfectant. He smears it i bit on the inside before putting the jar away and cleans his fingers on his shirt as he takes out the sewing kit. He hears the man start talking again as he  ties the thread to the needle and starts stitching the mans wound shut. But when he is about halfway he hears his name, Ramsay. It makes him stop mid suture and his hand begins to tremble. Was he here already? But they weren't ready for him, and Lucile was out right now. "Are you sure? It couldn't have been anyone else?" he says with concerned voice. He finishes the suture and smears some of the herbs on the wound before applying bandages to it. Normally he would start to heal the wound now that it was stable, but he couldn't focus right now. He said that Ramsey might have seen them, which meant he might have followed them, coming through the door at any minute. Just that was a scary thought, but it was better if he came here when she was not around, rather than him finding her out there, alone. He almost wanted to rush them out so he could run outside looking for her. "The..the guy is stable now, i can't do anything about the poison, we just have to hope the body knows what to do.." He says with a slight discombobulated voice, the news of Ramsey had put him off balance. "What's your name again?" he asked, trying to get the bearings on the people around him.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 am

Well. Judging by the amount of blood, the pain isn’t caused by the wound itself. He is clearly in a lot more pain than if he was stabbed with a regular blade..” he then explained as his eyes glided from Nicholas to the man. At Nicholas’ remark of what sort of poison, he wanted to tell him, but he kept his mouth shut and shook his head. This was almost too exciting, but he had to keep up his act for at least a while.
The hooded man noticed his concern and tilted his head slightly:” Are you afraid of him?” he asked in a careful voice. If he had to be honest, then this would beat anything that he had ever done before. It was very intriguing, pretending to be some stranger, when he was actually the monster they were talking about all along. The man groaned in agony as the wound started worsening, painwise.
When he asked about his name, he stood up from the chair and carefully walked over. The woman that had helped was standing by the man, holding his hand, it was such a sweet thing, the love for a stranger. It disgusted him. He reached under his cape in the manner of seconds before pulling out a blade, slicing the woman’s throat open with such ease. Afterwards he turned his face to look at the man before hammering the blade in his chest, twisting it to make sure that he wouldn’t survive.
Then he turned his face to Nicholas and a big grin was on his face:” My name.. Is Ramsay.” He then said as he pulled off the hood. If Nicholas chose to confront him head on, it would be a bold stubborn move. Ramsay’s speciality was fighting, so of course he was alert at all times. If anything, he walked over to Nicholas as he calmly sheated the blade back under his cape. “I’m sorry for the rough entrance. But I’m sure you’d like to hear me out. After all, you are the one who has been taking care of my dearest Lucile.” He then said with a slight smile on his face. He grabbed the chair from before and pulled it ahead, flipping it so it would be facing him, then to gesture Nicholas to sit.
Now, before we do anything hasty, Doctor Dunham, let me explain why I am here in the first place. I have a lot of questions that I want answered. Seeing that you have been spending time with her, you can probably answer them.” he said in a calm tone as he turned around to look at the bookshelves. He did not fear Nicholas, even if he were to attack him, it would be pointless. If he couldn’t make a blunt attack with the intention to kill, Ramsay would not feel it nor would he care much. But he would not waste time trying to stop Nicholas, he would just kill him right away.
He ran his finger carefully around Nicholas’ books on the bookshelf, eyeing the titles for split seconds as he stored them in his mind like photos. Then he turned his eyes to Nicholas:” I don’t think I want to kill you. Yet. I admire your past. Tell me, how a respectable doctor like them self, thought that he could overcome death?” he asked, a question that was as filled with mockery as it was admiration.

Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:26 am

The way he answered did not make sense to him, it was true what he said, but how would he know that? The more he thought about it the more Nicholas thought he might have been involved, either that or he had a lot of experience in this sort of thing. His focus had to remain on the patient though so he couldn't read too much into it. "My fear is for someone else, not myself." He said finished the suturing. He had no idea how he would react when he would finally meat him, but he wasn't afraid of the thought, he was more afraid of Lucile meeting him, that scared him more than anything.
Before he could even calm down after the work on the stomach, the man got up and pulled a knife out towards the girls throat. "Wait Stop!" Nicholas exclaimed he now knew he was the guy who had done this, pulling a sick joke on him. As the blood gushes from her throat he runs over to her, not having time to stop the man from killing the guy on the table. "What the hell are you doing?!" He yells at him while trying to hold her throat closed to see the damage, but there was no use, the man had used brute strength to dig halfway through her neck, there was no repairing that. He lets go of her and pushes the man out of the way, checking on the guy on the table. He still had some life in him, maybe he could extend his life with his ability while trying to repair the damaged tissue. But before he could even start, then man stopped breathing and he knew it was too late. There was incredible rage building up inside him as he turned to the hooded man, the sick part of this is that the man probably knew he couldn't kill him, as bad as the might be, he still deserved to live. Even though times like this testes his belief in that thought. "Why..." He lets out a disappointed and angry sigh.

When he said his name was Ramsey he froze, but not of fear, but of rage. His heart was racing, his breathing was now long and deep, he formed a grip on the scalpel on the table as he clenched both of his hands. It took every fiber of his being not attacking him, of course it would be stupid to attack him, he would expect it, and even if he got of a surprise swing, Moon said he didn't react to pain, so it would do little unless he could get a fatal attack first time. But there was also his oath, and no one in this world would be a bigger test than the man he hated more than anything. As Ramsey mentioned her name it got him to the boiling point, his breathing had become louder as he just stood there listening to him, trying to figure out why he was here, why he didn't kill him, what he wanted. He followed Ramsey with his eyes everywhere, ignoring everything else, including his gesture for him to sit, he was going to stand right where he was. As Ramsey walked around, Nicholas looked him over, what arteries he would go for, which was more open every second, changing his point of attack all the time depending on where and how Ramsey was standing. Nothing would make him happier to rip his arteries in half, watching him bleed out on his floor, but if he crossed that boundary, he would be just like him, another killer. He managed to calm down a bit, still furious, but in control of his thoughts. He had to play his game, at least for now, until he could figure something out. He knew Ramsey had a mind control ability, so he would have to stay focused at all times, trying to fight that the best he could, if he even could.
And then he heard it, the similarities, what he did Isabel, it was something Ramsey would do. He felt a chill up his spine as he got a bit scared, him and Ramsey were opposites but still had the same urge to push medical boundaries, the more he thought about it the more he compared himself to Ramsey, he almost started to panic thinking. "No, you're nothing like him, calm down, you need to be calm for this, stop, thinking, about it" He snaps out of it, looking back to Ramsey. "You know why... What if?.. the two words that pushes boundaries.." He said in a confident yet disappointed voice. He thought of them like yin and yang, not that he thought of himself as good, but he did think of himself as opposite of Ramsey. What made him sad is that he knew there could not be any good without bad. Its how the balance was kept in the world, but it could definitely use one less yin..
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:34 am

He noticed how Nicholas picked up the scalpel which made him scoff with a grin on his face:" Oh oh oh, Doctor Dunham. No need for that, right? After all, I feel no pain at all." He pointed out.
"Calm down, calm down I am not here to attack or kidnap Lucile. I came here to talk to you, man to man. Do you know whose cabin it is that she sleeps in? I could've taken her away anytime that I wanted. But I have no interest in that... for now. Who knows? I might change my mind?" he said, the last being in a more serious tone. It was no secret that Ramsay had all the cards in his hand in this. All this was well planned and well thought, down to every little detail. But he did not know of the pregnancy, at least not yet. He flipped his knife around in his hand by the handle as he then looked at Nicholas with a serious face, almost even confused.
When Nicholas answered his question, he smiled. "Ah yes. What if. Like what if you'll get out of this alive. What if I dont just kill Lucile. All left to wonder." he said as he looked around. However it wasnt because he felt like following up on his threat just yet. He wanted to have a longer conversation with this doctor. Who knew? Maybe he could be of more use alive than dead. Again just a what if, but he kept this one to himself. For now he wanted to keep him on edge.
"I have this wonder, which I've had for a while. When you fuck her, do you ever wonder if the other one is feeling it too? I mean you're practically fucking two women at the same time..." he said to then laugh, because he found it hilariously funny. It was more of a way to spark a reaction out of Nicholas.
But there was always the truth that would hit harder than anything:" I'm sure you hold her name dear... Lucile.. Such a nice tone to it. Did you know, she had no name when I found her?" he told him as his grin widened into something sinister. For him, this was such a joy. All he had to do was make Nicholas attack him, seeing as he didnt want to kill him without a reason. Killing just for the fun of it had become a bore to him, he wanted to explore different ways of torment.
He sat down on the chair that he had gestured to Nicholas and exhaled. Then he looked up st him. "You're like me. A lot more soft and... humane... well it's a given seeing that you live off empathy. That's what humans do. Silly things. I'm half you." he said as he rubbed his chin. He did believe that they were the same, but in a different way. "We're men of science. Our ways are different, but we practically think the same." He then said. He got up from the chair and walked over to the bookcase, ripping out the book that once belonged to him. He opened it and looked through some of the pages when a smile spread on his face. He then looked at Nicholas.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 am

When he mentioned the cabin she was sleeping in he got more scared for her, but also less scared, because that meant that was not here for her yet, meaning they still had some time, if he made it out alive from this encounter that is. He was unpredictable, it was heard trying to read him because there was no emotion, what he said could be a lie or it could be the truth, he could change his mind mid sentence as well, making him nearly impossible to figure out. He tried his best at keeping his cool but the more Ramsey talked the more pissed off he got, it was usually hard to get him angry but there was something about Ramsey, more than just what he did to Lucile, the condescending voice, the smug face, the "I'm above you" attitude. Everything about him was like kindling to a fire.

There was no answering this guy without getting it thrown back into your own face, his threat to Nicolas didn't bother him, it was just every time he mentioned Lucile his hands started trembling in rage, wanting to take action against him. It was not just trying to keep up with his mind games that was hard, it was fighting his own body to not just lunge at Ramsey with his scalpel. One thing he had figured out about him though, was that he was the type of person to try to get reactions from people and use that against them. Weather it was verbal or physical. This way he would know what made people angry and if he could trigger a physical reaction he would see the attack coming, making him able to counter it. He kept this in the back of his head as the conversation went on, making sure he would not fall for the bait. But the next thing Ramsey said made him see red, feeling fire come up his throat. Then there was his laughter, his stupid fucking laughter that put him over the edge. He walks towards him pointing the scalpel towards his face as his hands were trembling "Shut your fucking mouth!" Exclaiming it with a dead serious and dark voice. Then he realizes what mistake he just did and after taking a step back he drops the scalpel to the floor, as he takes a few more steps back trying to calm down.

"Calm down, don't let him get to you, that's what he wants, stop falling for it." He said to himself inside his head. His heart was smoldering and his breath was long and deep. Before he managed to get a grip on himself Ramsey continued with her name. What he said didn't make him angrier than he was, it just left him questioning it in his head. How would he not think of that now every time he heard her name? Should he tell her about it? There was so much confusing him, his eyes started twitching as he stood idle and listened. When he walked past him and sat down he just stood in the same place, looking ahead. But then he mentions something he was trying to remove from his mind, it made him mad, maybe because deep down, he knew he was right. But he would never admit to it. He turns around, facing him again pointing at him as he says it "I, am not, like you!" Saying it with pure conviction, trying to convince both Ramsey and himself at the same time. He tried hard ignoring what he said, but now that he was under his skin, it was so hard not showing it.
When he got up his gaze followed him to the bookshelf where he saw which book he took out. When Ramsey looked at him he knew what was coming, regretting not having burned the book yet. He tried to stop him, gain some control. "Just stop. Why are you here? What the fuck do you want?.."
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 am

When he yelled at him, Ramsay’s smile widened. “Ohhh. Quite the sore spot. I see.” he simply remarked, more as a loud note to himself, but also to let Nicholas know that he would probably use more this sort of questioning later. The mocking question had worked. He knew now that digging more into their intimacy would definitely spark more aggression. However, he decided not to keep it low. He barely reacted to the threat with the scalpel at his face but watching Nicholas realize that he had stepped into a trap, was somewhat satisfying.
He could see that he was under his skin, hitting these sore spots. He wondered how long it would take to break him. Should he keep trying? No, it wouldn’t be wise. He was not here to poke too much around in Nicholas’ head. He noticed how Nicholas was trying to convince himself that they were not alike. It made him laugh, a heartly unconvinced laugh.
You are very much like me, Doctor Dunham. You may have put up some sort of barrier to forget the true nature of your past. You haven’t forgotten what you did to her, have you?” he asked with a slight curiosity in his voice. He did sort of suspect that Nicholas had pushed those memories into the deep forgotten depths of his memory. Ramsay would have had an easier time knowing what Nicholas knew, but he couldn’t know until he had touched Nicholas directly, hand to skin. “In the end, was it really about saving her…. Or was it about the science of it? Getting her back would be great.. But it wasn’t about that in the end, was it?” he asked as he turned his attention to the bookcase.
As he had taken out the book, he had noticed how many pages were actually missing. He listened to Nicholas and made a uncertain expression. “Well. The original plan was to come here, murder you and take Lucile.” he said in a cold tone almost sounding like it was merely a problem for him to go on about, not even trying to hide anything at all. What was the point of trying to sugarcoat it anyway? “But now I have come to realize that killing you… Would almost be killing a tiny part of myself. So instead. I come here to give you an offer that you cannot refuse. Because you know, I’d kill her.” He said with a clear sarcastic tone towards the end. Of course he had no choice, Lucile’s life was at stake.
The fragile thing about love. It removed the rational thinking, making people do stupid things for the sake of others. Such as self-sacrifice. Now he knew that he could almost say anything and if Nicholas wanted Lucile to go unharmed, he’d wag his tail like a good dog and comply to the task. Ramsay rubbed his hands as he tilted his head:” Rather simple. I want Lucy taken out of her. Completely removed. It is the final test that Lucile has to go through.” He explained.
The task was however filled with worrying risks. What effect would it have on Lucile? Would she keep the memories? Would she even be the same person anymore? These were all thoughts that he wanted to put to the test. And the only way was to remove Lucy. Just simply remove her. He looked at Nicholas and crossed his arms as he waited:” I know you have been giving it some thought as well. Of course you have. Lucy is destructive towards them both, you know that.” He said with a smile on his face. All this was just amusement to him. Lucile wasn’t even really a person in his eyes. Just a rag that could be pulled and thrown around like nothing.

Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 am

He knew how stupid it was after he yelled at him but it was so damn hard to control around him. He just, kept, digging... it was like he could feel a shovel hitting him over and over as he got deeper under his skin. When Ramsey responded his hands started to tremble again. He wasn't surprised that he would dig that part back up, he made him relive it in his head, what he did to her body. Lucile had helped him heal the wound, but it was like Ramsey just started opening the scar again. His anger started to tilt over on himself as eh thought about it, Ramsey was right, he was a monster just like him. As much as he tried to hide it, he couldn't escape that.. "Shut up.." he let out with a calm voice, saying it to Ramsey but also trying to make himself stop thinking about it. What he continued to say didn't make him mad at Ramsey, it scared him, it was exactly the thought he was trying to avoid, that question had circled around him many times before he managed to suppress it. It didn't matter that they saw the world differently, their end results remained the same, they both brought death.

His self loath had kicked in as he calmed down, almost removing his emotions that didn't have anything to do with guilt or hate. Then he heard his original plan and it was as they had thought, but hearing that he changed it made him worried for Lucile again. As he said it would be like killing part of himself, it felt like a knife went in his gut, but he kept his posture, he still had some control. But Ramsey was of course a step ahead, an offer he couldn't refuse.. He knew he had him.. He would do anything for Lucile, even breaking his oath if he had to.. So instead of wasting time arguing to no avail, he decided to be quiet and hear him out, expecting the worst.

What he asked of him however, was far from what he expected. Splitting Lucile and Lucy, he was planning on doing that anyway, but he was not going to tell him that, better to pretend to be disgusted by the idea and avoid him coming up with a twist to it. "I do admit the thought had crossed my mind... yes.. but i would need your doctor friend to do it. And a body for Lucy, for starters.." He said with a depressed yet serious voice. The risks were enormous, so much could happen to them, to Lucile, to the child... He would love her no matter what happened to her, but what if she came out of it with no memories of ever meeting him. The thought terrified him, what could he do? he couldn't force her love, he would just hope it was strong enough to survive it. But he couldn't show his fear, he would have to think of something later. "Why now? Why didn't you come for her before?" He said curiously, maybe there would be some clues to why he was doing this, or how he knew about her. Truth was he was happy he waited this long, otherwise he probably would never meet Lucile..
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:45 pm

As for why he had taken an interest now instead of some point earlier was quite simple. He looked at Nicholas and smiled:” I had other affairs to attend. And quite frankly, I had thought all along that she had died in the cabin. She has only proven to me how strong she is.” He explained with a smile. It wasn’t a lie. It sparked another thought that he voiced out loud:" Seeing that she is capable of capturing your heart, I see all the development that I have missed." he said with a tint of sadness. His greatest work and then he wasnt there to watch her grow. He almost felt like some sort of father to her. Except that he actually wanted to kill her and not really take care of her. But he had been very busy, the constant fleeing from the bounty, to then attend work for Assorian in Dragons Peak. A period of time where he had taken an interest to other things than sheer brutality.
In fact, he might have never made the Lucile experiment if it hadn’t been for Dragons Peak. He smiled by the memories but then shook his head. “And I mean, I do have a bounty on my head for a reason. I should probably visit Tera after this. I believe she is either about to give birth or have already birthed a kid. That could be fun.” He said, the last part not needing further explaination. He still haven’t forgotten how she almost killed him, luckily enough she had missed his heart when she drove the knife in his chest. He felt his chest as the wound started itching. It wasn’t completely healed yet, but seeing he felt no pain, there was no need to show any sort of being wounded.
He clapped the book on the table and looked at Nicholas:” I have already contacted my good mind doctor. All I need is her.” he said as he then moved over to Nicholas. He stopped very close to him as he spoke:” Don’t think that you can hide her from me. Don’t make this harder than it is. Eventually I will catch up to her. I made her. I am drawn to her. The longer we wait, the more impatient I grow. You do want her alive, right?” he warned him with a clear fake smile. The smile was more of an act of his jester side than an attempt to smile.
But he didn’t move closer to Nicholas for nothing. He waited till Nicholas looked most off guard, probably thinking about her, before he suddenly grabbed him by the hand. He looked at his hands before a surprised smirk spread on his lips. He looked at Nicholas in the way that his eyes said: You sly bastard, before letting go of him again. He wasn’t going to say what he just did but it was rather simple. For Ramsay to use his mind control, he would first have to see the memories. And even so, to do that he would have to touch the person, skin to skin, and the memories would open up like a big painting.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:29 pm

So Ramsey had other affairs to tend to, and that's why it took this long to follow up on her. No doubt those affairs had something to do with torture and ruining lives. As he talked Nicholas just clenched his teeth, hiding his anger as best he could, he hated how Ramsey kept talking about Lucile like she was an experiment, not a person. But as furious as he was, he had already fallen for too much bait, it was time to avoid that. He started to understand Ramsey more now, maybe predicting what he would do or say, at least he hoped so, Ramsey did change all the time, making it a challenge, but hopefully doable.

As he mentioned Tera it made him really anxious, he hadn't met her yet and he needed her help, if Ramsey was serious about seeing her then he would have to be faster, if only to warn her. He could not let Ramsey get to her first, especially if what he said was true about her pregnancy. He hid the distress as best he could but the way Ramsey said it would be fun, made him sick to his stomach. It was newborn, and he was already planning to ruin it, how could one be so damn sadistic.. When he said all he needed was Lucile it made him realize, Ramsey didn't want him to split them, he only needed Nicholas to get Lucile to him, he was planning on splitting them himself. Something Nicholas would never allow, if Nicholas had the resources, he would do it, with Lucile's permission of course. Because he would try to prevent any harm from happening, taking precautions for everything. Making sure Lucy would also survive the split. But if Ramsey were to do it, he would just tear them apart to see what would happen, he didn't care for either of them nor would he care for either outcome.

Then he stepped up to him and threatened both him and Lucile if he didn't tell him where she was. "You know there is no way in hell I'm telling you where she is, I'm willing to help if we do it my way, not yours. You are only tearing them apart just to see what happens. You don't care if they die. Giving her to you would be like a farmer giving his most priced cow to a slaughterhouse and asking them to fix her.. I don't care what you do to me, there is no way you will find her." He said with an serious voice that had traces of anger to it. It was not that his anger got out of control, it was just that he used it to back up his seriousness. As scary as the thought of what Ramsey would do to him was, it wasn't as scary as loosing Lucile, so torture would have to be a small price to pay to keep her alive. Then just out of nowhere Ramsey grabs his hand, which leaves him in a confused state, wondering what he was doing, expecting him to break something, but he did nothing, and when he looked at him with a weird expression, he knew. He ripped his hand out of his grip and walked backwards, away from him "You son of a bitch..." He said with a faint and cracked voice. He started to panic, because he knew what had just happen. How could he have been that stupid, he told himself that he wouldn't let him do that to him, why did he forget.. What did he get from that touch? Everything? Something? His breathing became irregular as everything was crumbling. He had to get to Lucile before Ramsey did, he had to warn Tera and Josette. How deep did he dig? Was everyone he knew compromised? Moon, Lucia, John, Tatia, and the rest? "Oh no... did he.. did he know about the pregnancy?..." he thought to himself. "What did you see?..." He said in a furious tone, angry at Ramsey for pulling that, but also at himself for falling for it. There was no other way now, he had to know everything. He runs over to the scalpel and picks it up in a split second before running towards Ramsey, not thinking straight, dead sure that he knew everything Nicholas knew, there would not be enough time to warn everyone, he was one person, Ramsey no doubt had endless amounts of people. The only logical thing to do would be to end him here and now, breaking his oath but saving everyone he knew. If he would not be in distress, he would know attacking him was stupid and reckless, leaving him open for an attack, but his mind was not stable when he did it, making him do rash decisions.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 pm

You know exactly what I saw, Doctor Dunham. I saw everything.” He said, looking at Nicholas, following his movements with his eyes as he ran for the scalpel. It made Ramsay chuckle. These human emotions, making him think irrationally. Who knew, maybe Ramsay would even let him get a proper hit at him? But no. As soon as Nicholas came into range to use the scalpel, Ramsay drew his own knife and quickly pressed the tip at the top of Nicholas’ throat, one wrong move and he would be dead, mostly because he was pressing the knife up, getting Nicholas to turn his head as far up as he could.
Tsch tsch. I expected something better. Like Lucile being pregnant for starters.” He said with a big smile on his face. He lowered the knife and put it back in his belt shortly before he in one motion grabbed Nicholas by the shoulders and knee’d him in the gut as hard as he could. It didn’t matter if Nicholas fell to the floor or stayed up. Ramsay grabbed him by the collar and lifted him closer before he then gave him a headbutt, just to be sure that Nicholas would be unable to fight him for now. Then he placed him on a chair and tied his hands tight together, making sure that there would be no escape.
Then he sat at the table and scrolled through his notebook. He then threw it in the fireplace before lighting it up. After all, as he had mentioned in the book, there had to be no proof that Lucy was an actual person. People didn’t have to know. He waited for Nicholas’ head to clear up, getting a glass of water in case he needed it. He would even help him drink seeing that he had no hands to use. It wasn’t because he was going to become a softie, but at some level he knew that Nicholas and him had a common understanding. Maybe some day Nicholas would get a taste for the dark side and Ramsay would be there to show him.
He turned the chair towards the table before sitting down on top of the table in front of him. He crossed his arms and exhaled deeply as he shook his head:” You don’t understand why I did what I did. Because you’re blinded by love. I could fix you. Remove all your memories of the good times with her, make you hate her so much that killing her would satisfy you. Imagine how easy it would be for me, if you just hated her. And all I'd have to do is touch you... So simple.” He said with a serious tone. He wasn’t even trying to make a mockery out of this, because he was genuine. He was considering if he really should just wipe his memory and bring him along. He could always use a partner that had knowledge like Nicholas.
But I hope you don’t mind if I do this. It might be unpleasant. I’ve heard that it feels like I’m ripping the memory from the brain, tearing strings in the mind…” he said as he slowly reached out for Nicholas’ face. Even if he begged him not to, Ramsay wasn’t going to stop. As he touched his face, he closed his eyes, using his ability to the fullest. He knew that it wasn’t a pleasant feeling, looking into the mind? No big deal, it was like looking through a glass. But digging in the memories? It was like he was scooping pieces of memories out with a spoon, not minding the mess it could make. He found the memory of Doctor Jeremy and made Nicholas forget it. The book being burned would just leave a blank space in Nicholas' mind where the name of the doctor should have been. There was no way that he’d let him find him, not risking having his experiment ruined for some silly human’s love for her. She wasn’t even a person really, not in his eyes.
He knew that Nicholas would have a breaking point. A point where he'd lose the last part of his humanity and he could be his playtoy forever. But Lucile was the key to achieve that and even so, would he break the way Ramsay wanted him to? Would he kill his valuable experiment for something like this? The thought was too tempting.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:38 am

As he lunged at Ramsey, he instantaneously stopped in his tracks as he felt his knife press up against his throat. He drops the scalpel on the floor before Ramsey starts speaking about Lucile's pregnancy. It made him angry just hearing him say the word pregnancy, like he knew what that was, Ramsey would never understand the feeling of children, he was sure of that. But he kept his mouth shut, there was no reason to make this any worse than it already was, if that was even possible. As Ramsey put the knife down in his belt he looked down again, about to speak before he was grabbed by the shoulders and felt the knee crush his stomach, making him hunch over, leaning on Ramsey as he gasped for air. And before he could even comprehend what happened Ramsey bashed his head into Nicholas's, making his head spin and his eyes go blurry. He had trouble standing as he shuffled over to the chair he was put in. He had trouble focusing with his eyes and his head was discombobulated to all hell, making him completely absorbed in trying to regain a clear state of mind.

As his head starts to clear up he drinks the water Ramsey gives him. "That wasn't really necessary now was it? I wasn't going to fight you youknow..." he said with a rough voice, still feeling the pain in his face, Ramsey's headbutt had broken his nose, making him taste the blood running from it. He is turned towards the table where Ramsey is sitting and he listens closely to what he says, seeing that he seemed really serious about it. As he hears the end he gets scared, could he really make him hate her? Did he have that much power? "What do you mean fix? Why would i want that? What is there to life if love is removed? Just live to suffer and make others suffer? Make a bunch of what if's? What kind of life is that, even someone as sadistic and cruel as you must have had some kind of twisted love at some point right? My answer is no, stay the hell away from me" He talks in a confused voice, but still very serious about what he says. Why the hell would he remove his memories with Lucile, those were the best moments of his life, the reason he was alive was because of Lucile, nothing would change that. Ramsey was someone he was always afraid of becoming, but as long as Lucile was in his life, there was no worries about that, she had his humanity and with it he would never become what Ramsey was. He had faith that they would get through this somehow.

Then he talks again and reaches for his face, which makes him panic and struggle to get out of the chair and away from him "No nono, stay the fuck away from me! Don't touch me!" He exclaims as he shakes his head around trying to avoid his hand. As he had his hand on his forehead he started to feel immense pain in his head, he wiggled his head around and grunted through it from all the pain. It was unbearable and it felt like it lasted forever. "Stop...please.." He exclaimed with a pleading voice, it felt like his brain was pulsating, being crushed by his skull. When it finally ended he was exhausted and his mind was a mess, he couldn't think about anything, it was all just static as he was leaning forward, being half awake, swinging slightly side to side, struggling to keep his balance.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm

He scoffed at Nicholas when he spoke of love. It wasn’t a concept that Ramsay truly understood, neither did he really want to. He had experienced love, plenty of times, but love for Ramsay probably wasn’t the same as it was for Nicholas. “I have loved. I love. Maybe I love Josette. or that I love my daughter. And my granddaughter. At least enough not to just kill them at any chance possible. I love Lucile as well. She is practically more of a daughter than my own was. Mind you, I’ve spent more time with her than my own flesh and blood.” He said, the last part of his talk bringing a evil smirk on his face, knowing that it would annoy Nicholas.
When he moved his hand away after erasing Nicholas’ memory of the doctor, he smiled. “Don’t worry. The pain will go away. The worst is over.” He assured him as he sat back down on the table. He couldn’t really express how happy he truly was for getting access to Nicholas’ memories. All their plans were imprinted in his mind, putting him even further ahead than he already was. He crossed his arms and waited for Nicholas to clear his mind to the point where he could listen again.
I saw that you have considered the ways of vampirism? Now that’s interesting, indeed. You might actually have a chance at beating me if you were to change. Isn’t that a relief? Except that unless you could make a fatal blow from the start, your chances would be minimal, if not already non-existent.” He said smirking as he shook his head. He could already imagine the scene play out. Some sort of last battle for the subject of his experiment, one survivor to claim her. He shook the thought away, as intriguing as it may seem, he had no interest in fighting yet.
Then an idea struck his mind. He got up from the table and smiled widely at Nicholas. “I have a proposal. I will stop hunting Lucile… if… I get the child!” he said in an almost ecstatic tone. Not that he truly meant it, but he thought of it as a funny joke. He didn’t really harbour any interest in the child yet. Who even knew if it would ever get to see the light of day? “I hope you weren’t considering that, because that wouldn’t exactly make you a great father. God knows if I had the chance to keep my child…. I still probably wouldn’t. Poor girl is twisted like me. Wonder where she is now. Probably murdering someone” he said in wonder as he looked at the ceiling in wonder.
How come I’m half as human as you but I don’t have the same level of empathy as you. Were you raised with empathy? I was. My father was a very empathetic man. Sometimes I wish that I could’ve been more like him, I suppose. Only... that I wish more that I could've been the one to kill him,” He said, then looking at Nicholas for his answer. It didn’t matter if Nicholas choose not to tell him about himself, he knew it all anyway. But he was expecting to have a conversation instead of getting bored. He never did any good things when he got bored. “Your humanity bore me, doctor. I want to rip it off you. Tear it off you like a nasty scab. Would you like that? At least it would be easier to turn Lucile to her demon side if you were to. I could imagine the anger she'd place at the end of a knife on some innocent person” He then said in a spiteful manner as he awaited for Nicholas' reaction. Was he trying to press buttons again? He wasnt so sure. But it was so annoying to have these monologues.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 pm

It was stuck in his mind, he knew Ramsay couldn't love, but the way he kept talking about Lucile, like she was his daughter, it disgusted him just thinking about it, he was even more twisted than he thought if he actually believed what he said about her. As Ramsay was tearing out memories is was painful, but the pain wasn't the worst part, the fact that he knew he was loosing memories was the worst. He knew memories always came back, but seeing as he didn't know which ones were being removed, that could take ages. When he stopped it felt better already, leaving only a throbbing headache behind.

Then he started talking about back when he thought about becoming a vampire to stay with Lucile forever, he wanted to be surprised at it but there was no point, Ramsay knew everything about him now, so he should just expect everything. He might have been right about having a chance as a vampire but it didn't matter, he had promised Lucile that he wouldn't go through with that, so that was final. He just sat in the chair with his upper body arched forward, looking down at the ground, trying to deal with the headache. "I don't need vampirism to kill you..." He let out faintly, not putting any effort in his voice. Out of nowhere Ramsay jumped off the table, making Nicholas look slightly up at him to his curiosity. But what he proposed made him lean as close as he could to Ramsay considering his hands were tied. "Go to hell" He exclaimed with a trembling angry voice. There was no way he was letting their child fall into the hands of Ramsay, he would rather die.
After that he went back to his position of looking down at the ground, not listening to much at what Ramsay said, other than the fact that he had a daughter, poor thing, good thing she got away from him.
When he told him and asked him about his childhood he found it funny, he already knew everything about him, so why ask.. Either way, it was probably best to just humor him, he wasn't going anywhere so why not. "Not really no, i kinda found that on my own.." He said calmly while still staring at the floor. His parents didn't really care for their children, barely allowing them to live in their house, that's why him and his brother had to pick pockets to stay alive.

Knowing Ramsay grew up with empathy had sparked a thought he hadn't had about him before, because he never really saw him as a person. But what if he was not a sadistic psychopath, all the good he could have done, the people he could have helped, the great things he could have achieved. Ramsay was a genius, there was no doubt about that, and if he just focused his mind on something else that pain and misery, he would be remembered for some great things, he really believed that. "Youknow Ramsay.. you could have done so many great things, help revolutionize science to a new era, use that genius inside you to something productive. But instead you waste it on good feelings, impulses.. You're nothing but a junkie Ramsay, chasing the next high, and i speak from experience.. The genius is wasted on you.. Such a shame.." He said calmly, he may have taken it wrong, it might have sounded like an insult but it was just him speaking from his heart, he did really think that he could have changed things for the better if he tried.

What Ramsay says makes him smile, because so many people had gotten this wrong. "You just don't get it do you.. You can do whatever you want with me, my humanity has been gone for a while. What you see here isn't humanity, its just an empty shell adjusted to protect its family. My humanity is placed in good hands, where it will always be.." He started with a grin that eventually faded and was replaced with a smile as he thought about Lucile.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 pm

He scoffed at the killing remark. A smile broadened on his lips as he glanced at Nicholas with his usual smirk, "Oh no of course. You will kill me with the powers of love. My bad." he mockiningly replied before shaking his head in disbelief. But then he got up and turned to the window as he told his story about his father. Not a very touching one. In fact, Ramsay didnt really care much for his own father at all. He pinched his eyes at Nicholas' reply. Found empathy on his own? Must be the humanity, the empathetic genes embrodded in all these creatures walking the streets. "I have wondered about Etermia for a while. This city... Only for the humans. I like that policy. I always did. These weak creatures, huddled up in a city, like sheeps waiting to be picked out and sheered by the farmer." he said in almost a delighted tone.
"Vampirism... That means that you have to hide from the citizens of this city... And live off their blood. Isnt that a bit ironic, seeing how high you place their safety? Soon you'll be a leech, sucking them for every drop they have. You must tell me what it's like when you've changed..." he started with his sadistic signature smile. He rolled his eyes at the image in his head, the irony of it was just too much fun.
He turned as he listened to Nicholas speak of his inner genius being put to waste on being the murderer he was. He shook his head and folded his arms, leaning back against the frame of the window. "Who says I'm wasting anything? I made Lucile, didn't I? She turned out great, and it's not even her final form," he said with some sort of curious eager. He had so many plans concerning Lucile, that it was almost impossible to pick a start.
"Of course, hadn't she been pregnant, I'd proceed with my plans, but I'd rather monitor the whole thing," he then explained, not really sure why he felt like assuring Nicholas some sort of security. It wasnt that Ramsay cared, but he wouldnt want some sort of false pressure on Lucile that could cause the baby any harm. The baby was the most important thing.
"You must think that I am some horrible monster. A monster that needs to be slain. I have done some bad things,
even some inhumane things in my life. But hadn't I done all that, you would've been here without Lucile. You should be somewhat grateful for the monster I am. I created an angel,
" he then said with a slight smile on his face.
It wasnt a hidden fact that he was very proud of what he had created. "I did some horrible things to her, but the tests were necessary. I had to know if she could handle the world on her own," he then explained before drawing his knife. He then got up from leaning against the wall and walked over to Nicholas, placing a hand behind his neck and pressing the knife to his throat. "And I wouldn't mind slicing your throat, letting you bleed out on this chair and let her discover your dead body. I admire your work Dunham, but your dullness have made you nothing but a bag of meat to me," he warned him, pressing the knife harder against the skin of his neck.

// Sorry if it seems a lil messed up
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 pm

The powers of love, it made him laugh internally, even accidentally letting out one one two puffs out loud. maybe it was him being tired, maybe he was still dizzy from the smack or the drain, but he couldn't help it. Hearing Ramsay talk about something he clearly didn't understand was amusing, like a small pup trying to fit a stick through the door sideways, not understanding why it didn't work, but still doing it.. And now he was thinking about his dog, clearly he had to still be dizzy, he didn't snap back to Ramsay until he mentioned the vampirism again.

"Come oooon Ramsay, you know better than that. I would sooner die than feed of innocent lives, besides, we both know there are alternatives, then again maybe i'm giving you too much credit.." He had a tired tone, like it was something he had heard before, yes he he thought about this a lot before, and yes he was aware that Ramsay had a hard-on for riling up people. He had his memories so wouldn't he already know that? Didn't matter.
Hearing him brag about Lucile was just sad, like he was clinging to the biggest thing he had done even though there wasn't much to it. "Are you really that delusional Ramsay?.. You didn't make Lucile, you didn't make Lucy. All you did was merge them and crush their minds.." Thinking about it made him feel a pit in his stomach, some of it was because it had been a long time since he had eaten, but there was more to it, something sickening. "You're right that it's a big thing on its own, you did something no one else has, but that's it. There is no significance to it.. you didn't solve anything, you didn't cure anything, you put two people together, making it harder for them to function as one. Sure she impacts a few people, or if you get what you want you get a killer or a psychopath. So what? You can get those without your experiment." He lets out a sigh as he looks down at the floor thinking out loud. "I can't believe i actually saw you as a brilliant scientist.. I must be loosing my mind already.."

He was hard to read at times, he thought like a scientist, but also like a sadist, like a psychopath, clouding everything. Hard to predict, hard to understand, yet not too far gone. Him wanting to monitor the situation didn't come off as a surprise as it was the logical thing to do, but it did surprise him that his impulses would let him do that.
"I don't think you're a monster Ramsay, i  actually pity you more than anything, a sad story that could have been so much good. The truth is i wouldn't even hate you if it wasn't for the fact that you endanger my family and get under my skin.." He was genuine in his voice, relaxed. Almost came as a surprise to himself, but he had time to calm down now, think more rationally, well, considering everything of course. "She was an angel a long time before you even knew about her existence.. Even if i was psychotic enough to understand your logic, one right does not make up for a lifetime worth of wrongs.."

As Ramsay gets off the wall with his knife, Nicholas straightens his posture and just looks at him while the knife is pressed on to his throat. "A bag of meat huh? Sounds just like the results of all your scientific experiments. Let's stop pretending we're both imbeciles, if you wanted to kill me then why go through all this trouble of mind fucking and talking? Right, i forgot i wasn't talking to a stable mind, my bad. Go ahead then, because if you don't, then i will still come after you. I know you aren't scared of me but if you cant kill me then i get more and more opportunities to try, and at some point i will get lucky.." He doesn't really have a feeling of one way or the other, he stopped caring a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This was inevitable - Nicholas   This was inevitable - Nicholas Empty-11

Back to top Go down

This was inevitable - Nicholas
Page 1 of 1